February 22, 2012

Sweet Basil Tomato Quiche

Today starts a 4-day weekend for me.  So excited. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do, and I'm trying not to get too over-eager with my to-do list. But, I hope to post something my sewing machine and I have been up to, lately.

Meanwhile, we still gotta eat, right?  So, here's what we're having for dinner tonight.  It's one of my favorite recipes from More-with-less, a gift from my wonderful mother-in-law!  And, as usual, it's modified, Euro-style!

I call it "Sweet Basil Tomato Quiche."  And, I make it crust-less.  It's so flavorful, you won't even miss it.

You'll need:
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 large yellow onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (55 g) yellow cheese, shredded
1/2 cup (55 g) goat cheese, crumbled
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons flour
3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
1/4 cup (60 ml) plain yogurt

PREP: Pre-heat oven to 375 F (190 C).  Dice your tomatoes and onion, and toss them into your pie plate (or round casserole dish). Shred your yellow cheese, crumble your goat cheese, and beat your eggs (in a medium bowl).

SPRINKLE: Sprinkle the basil, sugar, salt, and cheeses over the tomatoes and onions. Toss with a fork to mix together.

DAIRY: In the medium bowl with the beaten eggs, add the flour, milk, and yogurt.  Whisk together and pour over tomato mixture.  Shake the dish a little bit to spread the egg mixture out.

BAKE: Bake for 40-45 minutes or until egg is set. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve!

YIELD: 4 servings


This is another really healthy, filling meal.  It's approximately 227 calories per serving and vegetarian.

This would go swimmingly with garlic bread and a garden salad.

Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment